Apr 25, 2022
I have filled my comost bins to break down over winter. Great time and way to use up Autumn leaves
Here is my recipe
1) Layer of soil at the bottom
2) The a layer of Autumn leaves
3) Then a layer of grass clippings
4) Then a layer of horse manure or sheep manure.
5) Then another layer of autumn leaves
6) Water each layer and cover with a tarpaulin as this keeps the moisture in and the rain out.
7) Keep it watered but not too soggy.
8) I also add some comfrey leaves as this as nutrients to the soil. Be careful not to add the roots as they wil come up everywhere in your garden.
9) You can also add some vegetable scraps. Mine go to my worm farm.